Friday, March 1, 2013

Prune Tarts

Just the name alone makes some people cringe. I thought nothing of it because I grew up eating them. They are a delicious Scandinavian cookie for Christmastime.
 
These are Prune Tarts fresh from the oven:
Golden and flaky and delicious!
I assemble all my prune tarts and then lay them on a floured baking pan and freeze them.
I then take them out and put them in plastic bags and return them to the freezer. (Can you tell I have no freezer bags? They'll get eaten before they get freezer burn I assure you.) Easy as pie I can take some out when the mood strikes, turn the oven on, sprinkle with sugar and put them frozen in the oven to cook, and voila! Prune Tarts just as good as the day they were made!
Have you had your prune tart today? I have! MMMMMMMMM!
Trisha.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment