Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Updates

I forgot to tell you on the way back from Crown King, we stopped in Cleater to buy pop and Popsicles and ice cream. Shwann's either delivers way out there, or they go pick it up. They were pretty good!

I didn't take a picture of the town, but it only had maybe 5 buildings there and 2 friendly excited dogs to welcome you. Dogs are allowed in the store. Which was also a bar. Which also had BBQ food in crock pots. It looked like all 5 locals were there. One of the dogs was so cute and I swear it was a puppy! It's ears just flopped over and jiggled at the tips every time it moved! It couldn't believe we came all the way just to see it! It stood on it's hind legs with it's front paws at the top of the ice cream freezer trying to see what we were getting. So cute!

But like I said, I didn't think to take a picture in Cleater. If you follow the roads, there it is, between the Bumble Bee exit and Crown King.

An Update for the backyard:
we finally fertilized the grass! Now the wait to see if it greens up any.
 The garden is filling in:
 Potatoes are growing:
 Strawberries decided to grow more fruit:
 Zinnias and Green beans are taking over:
 I haven't the heart to pull these zinnias up, but I really should. they are popping up everywhere there is water!
 And my date palms and agave cactus's are doing well. The top two in the black plastic pot are my heirloom tomatoes I still haven't potted!
 This agave looks like it'll give me 2! I'm excited to see what my other root pieces will give me! They've just stayed green so we'll see if they take.
I've started eating more vegetables and fruits and I'm feeling much better! I thought for a while I was going to die of exhaustion! My foot gets better and then hurts again, so no new news on that.
Have a great day!
Trisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment