Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fall is for Harvesting! and for Thanksgiving To God for food

Look! look! look! look! look!


look at my harvest! I also put new vidoes up on my YouTube channel if you want to see them in "action"!
I am so proud of myself at getting so many sweet potatoes and such huge ones all from only 1 plant!
you might notice in that picture, the wonderful detail of my finger forever suspended in action for eternity in that picture! That's a true ACTION SHOT! anyways, back to the harvest, you might notice that's a 15 inch ruler there! WHAT"S UP WITH THAT POTATO? it's like it couldn't figure out where to stop!
 POTATO: "MMM right here? nope... theres still room on that root.... right here? nope, let's just go a little further... You know- the winter's coming and we need to make sure we store enough! better go a bit longer..."
ME: "Well potato,  I don't know what to do with you! It will be interesting peeling you! Thanks for all your hard work storing up for the winter!"
WOW!
 keep in mind here, thats a 15 inch ruler I have in there! I'm still shocked!
Check out the fat size of that one!

before shots. Before I roughly yanked the plant from it's comfortable bed of all summer and ever so gently dug up it's buried lumps of gold! such pretty flowers it had too! But I didn't grow it for decoration! Just for food. did you know that the leaves and stems of the potato plants are edible? cook em up like spinach. I've never tried it yet, but I've read about it. I just don't dare. It's not something I've ever seen anyone eat and I'm scared at how it will taste! Guess we're not that starving!

vacant spot in garden for sale!

I am in complete aww of what came out of that dirt! I wasn't expecting much because I ignored that plant so much this summer!
 Anyways, I told you I would post about the harvest, and I did.
So now I'm free to go back to being lazy! :-D
Have a great afternoon!
Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment