Saturday, March 19, 2011

WHY??????

Why is it that when I'm starting to be happy with my house finally this has to happen????

I found out last night that I really do take a second or 2 before going inside after work to admire my cactuses I grew from branches off my old cactuses at my other house. cause the shock at what someone did to my cactus was enough to almost send me to the loony bin. I have babied those cactuses and made myself late to work somedays watering them if they looked dry and always worried about the freeze killing them, and always had plans that if I move I'm going to take a cutting again to grow at my new house.....

This beautiful little cactus always meant a lot to me and now someone rudly slashed it and didn't even leave me the cuttings to try grow in case they killed it! And I look at my little cactus and am sad now cause it was growing so tall and now that the growing ends are hacked off will only branch out as it gets higher. And look ugly.
                                                  3 hacked branches
the thiner one in the middle is the one I started with.It's only grown 3 branches in 3 years.
                                  It's going to take a looooong time to recover.
This is how tall it was -well almost. this is the other little cactus that's closer to the road that I also grew from a cutting the same time. this one is not much to be proud of, but they skipped over it to get to my nice one. my favorite cactus. the pretty one so thats how I know they meant it to cut that one on purpose!


Ruined is all it is. I silently went in, and brought my husband out to show him, and he said what? so I pointed and said I want to move now. and he said no.
why do people have to be so uncaring in this world and so rude and selfish? if they would have asked, I would have trimmed off an arm that's not growing straight like the others are and kept the others to grow taller like I wanted! Am I selfish? But it's my cactus! I was just admiring it the other day noting how much taller and grand it was and how soon it will reach the glory of how big the other cactuses I grew it from a cutting from!

It dissapoints me that they took the cuttings cause now instead of vandelism, they now also stole from me. and I now know they are trying to grow them from the cuttings! and is it mean for me to wish they shrivel up, and mold and don't take?

And I'm also sad I didn't take my camara out to snap a picture or 2 when I admired the growth a few days ago!

This house on Libby is still HOPELESS CAPITALIZED now. Theres nothing else to it.

I really want to move now cause there are selfish rude people here! I can't feel anything is safe now and someone's going to try steal anything of mine anyway they can.



Here are my other cactuses: They most all have some memory to them.

                              This one I grew from a cutting from the cactus at my old house
Also this one from a cutting from another cactus at the old house
 This one was given to me from a lady I babysat for. She didn't like it and wanted geraniums in her pot instead. It has turned into a huge puffball since I got it! She had maybe 10 spiny branches on it when I got it- it wasn't very pretty. I have babied this one as well. I think it froze a bit over winter though.
 This is the smaller of the 2 agave I drove over and dug out of some really dry rocky soil from a lady on Craigslist who wanted a different yard. It has opened up and turned beautiful in the year I've had it. I thought I had lost it not to long after I got it to slugs or shock, but one day it returned to the cactus land of living and beautified itelf! and yes, those brown lumps are my frozen bushes in the background and no, I don't like them much, but in summer they are a pretty green. they were here when we moved in.
 This is the other bigger agave I got with the other one. This one was also all closed up and near death when I got it, but from day one it has only grown and opened up and has only looked more beautiful with time.
                                              these were here when we moved in

here's the top of the saguaro in the last picture. It's so tall, I can't even reach the top by standing on the big garbage can holding a huge tall stick in hand. I tried one year to make saguaro fruit jelly but failed miserably as I couldn't reach the fruit all I tried. this year maybe I'll climp on the roof and stand on the garbage can and hold my big long stick in hand. NO I WON'T, but I really don't know how to get the fruit down! every year without fail, we have a nest of birds in it. It's so cute hearing their quiet cheeps everytime you go out in the yard!


Anyways, these are all my cactus plants planted in my front yard that I'm so proud of! Except my now ruined baby cactus!


I'll write more when I feel like it!
Trisha

1 comment:

  1. SAD!!!! That person is so rude and I do hope their cutting rots.

    ReplyDelete