Monday, June 16, 2014

Surprise Flower

Imagine my surprise the other day when I was looking out the window and saw this growing on my prickly pear cuttings! Who would have thought it would happily grow a flower while it's still trying to grow roots? I just might have 1 prickly pear fruit! I'm excited!
And on the other hand, my Calla Lilly's have started to go dormant for the year! I always get excited when this happens because while I love the look of this plant while it's so lush and green, I really don't have room for any pot on my patio so as soon as it dies off, I can stack another pot on top of it and condense everything! I'm not sure if that's ok for the dormant roots, but they always come back with no problem every year!
I am getting excited waiting for a yard and a garden! Everything will have space to be then!

No comments:

Post a Comment