Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tired of Remodeling

I am getting tired of messy house and having to move furniture, but I'm happy to see it all coming together finally! -I think we will only lose one tree during the remodel!-(we have been neglecting yardwork lately.)

I have been uploading videos on YouTube (there's a link below with my videos) so everyone can see the progress.

We have finished the:
*Tile
*Majority of Texturing-(except above desk and closet and bath)
*Kitchen
*1 Bathroom

Still need to
*Paint
*Finish the Yard (needs desperate weeding)
*Figure out light fixtures
*Get countertops for desk
*Finish Texturing
*Drywall in Master Closet and Laundryroom

Meanwhile, I have been working and working and working. I have given one job a deadline (they don't know it yet, and I havn't set it in stone) That if they don't promote me like they said to server like they said about a month ago (their words) by the end of the month (my words), or if they end up hiring a server like I've overheard them say etc... by the end of the month (my words), I might put in my 2 weeks. My other job said they'll probably go up to 40 hour work weeks and there's an opening for lead server there, so I have some options to try here. But well see.

Work around the house is going so slowly I wish I could sleep, but I can't. I have to prepare it to paint and somehow get my yard in some sort of order before the middle of September which I have set as a deadline for finishing the house. I hope we can get it done. I'm tired of my Nasty House. In a way, I feel I live on the streets. At least I have a working shower though.

This project has taken more of our resources than I have ever spent time and money on and all I can say is it better look nice when we finish and be worth the loooooooooooooong wait. We've lived here almost 3 years now. If it weren't for the mold in the kitchen, we probably wouldn't have had so many "oportunities" to remodel our lovely house- and I liked that kitchen too! Thats one of the reasons we bought the house!

Oh well. life is full of disapointments, and remodels. As long as it turns out well in the end, all is well. I will be glad when we can get the oportunity to sell the house for what we paid for it and move out of here. :-) what a nice thought!

Well that's an update of our Hopeless House on Libby.
(I'm pretty sure that when we finally have the inside finished and the outside painted nice and pretty, the roof will start to leak, and the AC will go out.) As that's the luck of the Hopeless House On Libby.

My husband says that if the roof leaks and we get damage inside, it will be easy to fix I say HHHHMMMMPH!

I'm tired of remodeling.
Trisha

2 comments:

  1. on the home stretch!!!! there IS light at the end of the tunnel! your house is going to look so nice when you are done!!!!

    ReplyDelete