Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More and More To Do

We keep finding more stuff to do. The caulking along the top edge of the counters between the wall and back splash is separating because of cheap counters that were more expensive than the basic are now falling apart. the glue is letting the laminate separate from the board. so I guess you can spend more on looks but they still use the same cheap products to put it together. So now we have a bubble along the top of the back splash. My husband just caulked over it. so who cares huh? I'm done with the counters. They're in. That projects done! I told my husband to have them come fix it but he said it's out of warranty. Stupid. It's now caulked along the wall and hopefully won't be a problem. I'll just hide it with my mixer and flour and sugar canisters!
Just like I'll set up a lot of randomly placed objects along the walls to hide the interestingly textured bottom of the walls where we filled in where the baseboard was!
Doesn't it sound like my house will be wonderful and professionally done? I'll just have a lot of things along the walls! nobody will know! maybe I'll just hang curtains all over! That was my mom's idea to hide the bathroom walls because they might not get painted before the party on Sunday!
Getting exited! My house will be mostly done within the next few days!
Then I get the fun of moving back in after the party because I'll not have time before and the bedrooms won't be finished! Wonderfull! I'll never have everything done at once and will always have something to do! Yeah!! NOT! I want to be done! NOW!

We got that other house! Now we have to fix that up to! except on the sale, we will make $$$$! So will be worth the extra stress hopefully!

It was weird because I was so happy and excited at work today because I won't go back to that one until Monday 6:30 AM! I just now need to remember to go to work at my other job 2-3 days this week!! Life just got more simple huh? Mom and my sister are coming over Thursday to help. My sister to help make cookies for the party, and Mom to help decorate so my house is presentable! Teamwork!

I am just so excited! 'Cause now I see it's almost done and I don't have the patience to wait anymore! I want it all done now! Then I can go through all my treasures JUNK and throw out most of it!
LESS TO CLEAN IS MY NEW MOTTO!

I still need to empty out my cabinets to wash them after getting the tile in- they are still full of concrete dust from before the tile! Maybe I'll weed out my dishes! I have enough to have my own store! And there's only 2 of us!
Arghhhhh! everytime I just stop and think, I think of something else I missed or forgot about that still needs to be done! My mind works faster than my lazy body!
Wish my mind could do it all! 
Going to get up and do something productive! just seems like right now updating my blog isn't the most productive thing to do right now! Not when I got thousands of people potentially coming over in 4 days!

I hope you have the greatest night! I'll be working on my house! sleep an extra wink for me!
No- I'll sleep too, just not untill I see a bit of a difference or start falling asleep against a freshly painted wall!
WooHoo! 11:21PM and I'll start working on my house again! 
 Sleep tight!
Trisha.


2 comments:

  1. congratulations on the new house!
    and don't worry - probably not too many people will be there on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog! I totally agree with your new motto.. let's see if I can put it to work in my new house too. I'll see you tomorrow! I keep thinking of Thursday and I can't wait til then :) -Christy

    ReplyDelete