Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Garden in March

My strawberries: (and 1 lettuce reseeded by itself)

Wait! Stop! What's that?
 We've got strawberries!
 But no asparagus yet!
 And we have a pepper plant regrowing after the bunnies ate it, then the birds last year, then it cooked all summer in the heat, then it froze all winter, and then it decided to live after all! And it's coming back stronger than ever! I'll have bell peppers this year!
I also started a seed pot of plain cucumber, Armenian cucumber, watermelon, butternut squash, pumpkin, cantaloupe, honeydew, heirloom yellow tomato... did I miss any?
 Something started to sprout already I just wish I remember what it was! I got it all written down somewhere!
 I just love how my rosemary plant looks! I must be weird because it's totally lopsided, But I love how it reminds me of all the plants along the ocean and all over California leaning one way because of the wind... I have a piece of California in my backyard even if it's just a rosemary plant!
 My elephant food plant could use a MAJOR trimming so it can renew itself. And there's also a small zinnia that survived the winter...

 My calla lily plant is making me pull out my hair! It's strong and happy on one side:
 and yellowing and spotty and dying one by one on the other... I wonder it I should shake off all the dirt and re-pot it: I already moved it outside because it wasn't liking inside, and I took it out of the decorative pot and put it up on "stilts" to drain to see it it was drowning... It's still growing new life but dying at a faster rate...
So that is all I have growing so far. It doesn't include the 3 palm trees or the houseplants, or other trees, but you get the idea... I do have great plans to have a marvelous garden this year.

I am hoping I get it started soon!
Trisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment