Friday, December 10, 2010

Tired

I was at the new house dump today cleaning. I was gone for 5 hours counting as soon as I left till I came back. YUCK! I first swept and swept and swept the tile and it only came a little cleaner.

Then I got down and started scrubbing tile with a scrub brush and a rag with soapy water. My wrist is crampy and sore now. But it looks cleaner! If I didn't see improvement, I probably would have ripped it all out right there! I took a break about halfway through the big section of tile, and trimed the neighbors tree that's hanging into the backyard!

The neighbors walked out so it's vacant, and the tree looks lots better now. I also cut the bushes in the front yard. The house looks so much nicer! Then I went back to the tile. I scrubbed about half of what was left, and noticed a big roach come walking out across the tile. I just hurried and wiped over the tops of the rest of the tiles and packed up and left. I don't like roaches! I'll finish another day! I just have the entryway, bathroom, and the main area of the kitchen.

Here are some before pictures! you'll have to watch my video to see the after. I didn't take pictures of the after!
 the painting is almost done! We're using the same colors as inside our house.
in front of the sink cabinets. the dishwasher hole is in the front of the picture.
                                        I don't want to know what these water marks are from.....
 this part is where the fridge was

                               
this is in front of the oven.

 the laundry room. cute door details and dryer vent hole with gas hookup sticking out of the wall
where the washer's supposed to go.

BUSHES
heres during cutting the bushes- I started cutting and decided maybe take a picture 1st!
                                                                      trimming the 1st bush
                                                                   My clippers I used
front of the house. the striped wall is the one my husband built. it's unfinished
                     TA -DAH! look how pretty they look now!
 look what I found in the bushes! 3 hornet nests and a stuffed lion. I'll wash the lion for Cruiser
whats next:
                                                         pee encrusted Bathroom floor.
                                    unidentified yucky drippies on the wall from behind the mirror
                                                                dried pee around the toilet
moldy dirty tub cracks. I must admit I am impressed. they at least cleaned the tub! It is dusty, but not as gross as the rest of the house. unless they never bathed......
extra bedroom wall where mirrors were glued to the top half. had to hit it with a hammer to get it down. no other way. they used liquid nails.... dangerous glassy mess.
 the same room looking through the hall door. that window is broken so they glued a board to the inside AND to the outside right over the broken glass. extra reinforcment I guess.... You also might notice the shiny metal reinforcment of the door jam they put on (left side of the picture) there's some on the door too. WHY!??????!!??
the master room closet with the clothes rack attached to the very tippy top of the closet. I can't reach it, so I have no idea why it's up there. They must've had only looooooong dresses cause there's not a rack for shirts and pants underneath like most real fancy closets have. This is also one of the things about this house that makes me wonder WHY?!??!
construction mess. I'm standing in the corner of the living room looking towards the kitchen. The camara only makes it look clean. It really isn't. I'm about half way done with the tile floor you see in this picture.
this is a horrible picture, but I didn't want to retake it. this is the wall my husband built. You can see it better from the outside in the picture above.

Anyways, enough of the dirty house tour! I've uploaded more videos so take a look if you want! I put some up of my shopping trip, and the house and garden.

See ya later!
Trisha

1 comment:

  1. What a job! It makes you wonder if it will EVER look clean again!

    ReplyDelete