Saturday, January 15, 2011

Got up before the sun all by myself today

Woke up about 6:05AM went to bed 10:00PM last night so right on schedule. 8 hours.

made myself a wheat bagel with butter for breakfast.

I like the early mornings when I have them to myself! My husband didn't get up till almost 10:30 even though he set his alarm for 9:30. I havn't accomplished much today except unload the dishwasher.

about an hour ago I opened the doors cause the weather is so nice outside only to have my husband close them and turn on the heater a little bit ago... and the dog liked the door open cause he sat there and complained till he got my husband up to let him out.

I always tell my husband he's getting old when he feels cold! :-)

Last night we went out and bought a large glass pitcher and 2 stainless steel water bottles! I think they're pretty.
beautiful! handblown, hand wash only, but I bought it anyway!
Now I have a pitcher! It really is large and only looks small cause of the water bottles. they're taller than your average plastic water bottle.
I love the way lentil greens look! I don't dare eat them cause they're not "sprouts" anymore though so I'm letting them grow out just cause. cause I can. Cause I want them to. If you ever want to eat lentil sprouts, eat them when they have little tails and only a little bit of greens and they're good! they have a strong flavor though so if you don't like them, mix them in a salad, or smoothie, or just eat them in small pinch fulls.


CHIA SEEDS:
put any amount in a bowl,

 add twice as much water and stir till all moistened. stir, wait a few minutes,
add same amount more water if desired- I like too cause mine soak up tons! stir.
let sit 20-30 minutes. or eat within 5!
play with it with a spoon and then eat!

I used:
1/4th cup Chia seeds
about 1 cup water

I love how each seed is surrounded by it's own sac of jell! the actual seeds don't touch one another- they look almost as if they repel each other!
I'm in aww of how much they grow in size!

HERE"S THE ACTION!
excuse the sound of my slippered feet as I shuffle to the sink for more water so they don't fall off!



I absolutely love this video for some reason! I had so much fun making it! I love playing with food! I watched it after I uploaded it, and still loved it!
I can't believe how much water those seeds soak up! I even had to go add more water near the end of the video!

                               Too Full! what was left of my bowl after I got too full:
I couldn't finish the bowl! I'll save it for later! The taste reminds me of cream of wheat. with the texture somewhat like tapioca pudding except it's slightly crunchy like kiwi seeds but softer.
they are fun to play with though cause they pull away from the bowl with no residue and clump together!

Well enough. I'll write sometime later if I feel like it!
Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment