Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm Back! (*PICTURE HEAVY*)

Disneyland: 1st day, rain until evening. I took this picture after it started stopping, so you can't see the sea of umbrellas, and drenched people wearing plastic.
Benefit: less than 5 minutes wait per ride.
 OOOOOH I envy the huge blooms on their marigolds!
 And the colors at California Adventure!
 Oh my gosh! This ride (that tower in the back) was terrifying!
 2 rides we didn't go on in California Adventure- 1 was closed, the other would take at least an hour till you got off...
 Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty castle
 California Adventure is still being built. this was how 1/2 the park looked. Will be almost just as full of rides as Disneyland soon it appears
 Disneyland Main street all decked out in fall decor
THE TEACUP RIDE! I COULDN'T GO ON THEM THE 1ST DAY. IT WAS CLOSED.
MMMMMMMMMM The penny arcade on main street also sells the world's best ice cream EVER. I'm not kidding! It's expensive, but we bought it twice. It is SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!

MMMMM! I WANT ONE NOW!!!
STAR TOURS: we went on twice. We went on a lot of rides twice!
Mike! Mike! Mike! the seagulls in the Finding Nemo Submarine ride would randomly call out what sounded like Mike! Mike! Mike! Not sure who Mike was, but My husband got a kick outta it!
Waiting in line.... for the Matterhorn Bobsleds. Those green walls were so cool! They were sculpted vines
and these trees were so interesting!
We went twice. once on each side. the first time on the rainy day- almost no waiting! second time see pictures above: long line, but worth it.
Says: Disney California Adventure

Oh my goodness! did you ever stay in the newly renovated Motel 6s? MODERN. Posh. Beautiful!
Check out that color! and wood floors!
I liked it all so much, I took many pictures

Off the Newport Pier
Someone caught a starfish. it was light purple. I am disappointed I didn't take a picture of the crab he caught. I didn't think of it till he threw it back in the ocean. I don't know if he ever caught fish...

Tide pool creatures: all these were so cool!
anemones
anemones and sea urchins

Look who joined us for lunch on the table right next to us at Seaworld! he was big!
He got really worried when the flock of pigeons on the ground took off in fright.
The dolphin/pilot whale show is so much different now. it's an acrobat people show now with about 3 times of dolphin sightings.
Here's the acrobats including the reddish "bird" one that flapped the entire time while doing splits and somersaults in the air. im press ive. not really. And the pink lady acted like a 5 year old delicate princess the entire time. But the dolphins were cool!
The beach by SeaWorld. Not Mission, I can't remember.
Seaweed. and gulls fighting over the best spot, and a shoe.
We came home to this. Naughty Dog! But we didn't punish him. It's normal for him, and we give up on how to stop him. At least it didn't go into the door, But the new paint!
NOTICE THE DENTED DOOR HANDLE HE BIT???
AND OH MY GOODNESS! WHO KNEW SQUASH COULD GET THAT BIG???
I guess I better start eating cause these are just about ripe!
My treasures I collected. Any ideas on what the metal design is? I found that on the beach!
2 shells, 7 sand dollars, 3 beach glass.
And I bought a "cat's eye", or the "foot" or "door closer" of a large snail-like creature who lives in spiral shells. they are not conch, but another kind. I don't remember. I just liked it cause of the the color, and the fact it's called CAT'S EYE.
Here is the toilet paper surprise my husband set up for me in the bathroom of the last hotel we stayed at. And the maid probably couldn't figure out how 2 people went through so much toilet paper!
The end. We went to Disneyland, California Adventure, Birtch Aquarium, SeaWorld, Coronado Island, and almost all the beaches between Anaheim and San Diego.

I'll probably write more after I recover a bit. I am tired, and sunburned, but exhilarated! It was so much fun, and totally worth it!
Have a good day!
Trisha

1 comment:

  1. Oh your pictures just made me so lonesome for a CA vacation! Looks like you had tons of fun!! And by the way if you want to get rid of a watermelon, I'll take one :) Can you believe I LIKE that garden watermelon? I feel like Sam I Am. But no, you don't have to give me one, but only if you have too much! Anyways, hope to see you soon so I can hear about your vacation!

    ReplyDelete