Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lost Puppy

I found a puppy Monday morning and I realized it was too small to find it's way back home. I picked it up and lugged it around looking for it's owners but no one was out looking for a puppy or knew whose he was. So I brought him back home and made signs and posted them all over.

I received 2 calls. 1 lady thought I might have picked up her older dog but just called it a puppy, and another thought I had picked up her tiny brown itty bitty puppy. I checked Craigslist and another website for reported lost animals. No luck anywhere! I even brought him to a veterinarian who tried to see if he was micro chipped! He's not! I walked everywhere and knocked on people's doors asking if they had seen him or knew anyone missing a dog. No one had ever seen him!
This puppy I think is a Black lab/Pit bull mix and it's aggressive to other dogs already. It pulls it's lips up in a snarl and growls and barks at any other dog. But it's absolutely adorable and so sweet to people and follows me everywhere without a leash!
This puppy is a busy chewer and I think the best part about having him here is when he sleeps. Which is always right by my feet. Or between me and my husband's feet like right here Monday evening. Peace reigns when a puppy sleeps! I never dared get up while he slept because as soon as I would he'd pop up and follow me and get into mischief again! You can see how tiny he was compared to the size of my husband's shoe. Look at that belly!
He likes to try climb up your leg when he wants to be held which I think is cute except it won't be cute to whoever owns him when he grows up!
I am tired and weary because I have to constantly watch him and my other dog when they're together and keep watching for signs of him needing to go potty. He slept through the night with only me waking up to wake him to bring him potty!
 
But no more! The Animal Care and Control came and picked him up yesterday morning. Oh the relief! As soon as I received the call they were here, I fed him real quick, tried to get him to drink water- he wouldn't, and ran him out the door. I told the guy he's probably thirsty. Hopefully they will give his family good time to claim him and then put him up for adoption if no one comes for him. The guy who came to get him said the puppy was only 3 months old! Just a bitty baby! I had no idea that by looking at their teeth you could tell their age! I guess whatever age the sharp baby teeth fall out which he still has!
 
I felt comfortable letting them take him because he's adorably sweet and will adopt easily, and I can't keep him. I made sure to tell him about how he's aggressive towards other dogs.
 
Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment