Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Last night we went here:
Let me tell you what we experienced:
The music was so loud you had to almost yell to be heard which everyone else seemed to be doing.
Their meals vary in price from $19-$50. Most of their appetizers are less. Because we were there for the first time, the waiter brought out their fried alligator for us to try. It was surprisingly good! If you've never had fried alligator, it's the texture of soft moist chicken with a flavor somewhat like chicken with a fishy under taste. Unfortunately, their fryer oil must not have been hot though because they dripped with grease from the soggy oily breading... They season the meat very well. A spicy delicious Creole seasoning and their house dressing on the side. They garnished it with flavorless (I mean no flavor can't even taste potato) fried potato shoestrings. Their sauce was so good!
Here is a picture of inside the restaurant. Bluuuurrrr!
And I tilted my head backwards and took a picture of an unfortunate fish and 2 deer or something with very hairy fuzzy ears directly above our heads. I thought this quite random because they specialize in seafood. They had tons of fish on the walls too.
I didn't take a picture of our food, but I ordered tilapia and my husband ordered the mahi mahi. We ordered 1 Caesar salad to share. My husband claimed it too anchovy tasting, and I was disappointed that instead of romaine they used ice burg lettuce. His mahi mahi's seasoning only was good! My green beans were delicious. My tilapia was so soggy and badly seasoned, and had a confusing sauce over the top! Everything else was soggy, oily, weird and confusing. Even my husband's dirty rice was so strongly seasoned it tasted weird but not bad and it shocked the taste buds! I'll just leave it at that. We decided we'll never go there again!
 
We ordered the brownie for dessert. This was fantastic! I have never had a better tasting brownie before! It was the best part of the meal with my green beans coming in a close second and the alligator coming in a very distant third. The rest might as well not be mentioned! We were inhaling it before I thought to take a picture!
I have decided I must be a carnivore. I had eaten a Chicken pot pie meal earlier at home, and then at the restaurant ate:
Alligator
crab
shrimp
scallop
crawdad
tilapia
mahi mahi
anchovies
 
Now I just nibbled a bit of everything except the tilapia which was mine (I ate more of that). Mine had the unfortunate topping of a sauce with chunks of tomato and crab and 3 large shrimp. I really don't like all seafood so I scraped it off onto my husbands plate after sampling. It was chewy and soggy and dripping with a very oily sauce and badly seasoned. He had me sample a little of all the seafood on his plate. He loves seafood but told me it all was the worst seafood he's ever had. I will admit it was mostly all disgusting except for his mahi mahi's seasoning. But he didn't like it... And everything was sitting in and was dripping with grease and soggy or chewy. Everything. Except my green beans which were delicious! We both agreed they were the best part of the meal!
 
Go there for dessert only. I can only figure people must go there for their cocktails, beers, wine and spirits, desserts and the atmosphere because it was so packed it was shocking! The landscaping was so beautiful as well as their courtyard right outside the restaurant. It's a fun place to go but not to eat a meal. And we don't drink. So why go back?
 
Well, I guess we survived eating there and both had a stomach ache from the greasy food on the way home and even before we went to bed.
 
Have you been there before and did you like it?
I'm hoping everyone else has better experiences than we did!
 
Have a happy Sunday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment