Monday, April 9, 2012

The Angry Hummingbirds

We have a hummingbird feeder.
My husband being the most adorable caring man he is refilled the feeder when it became empty last week. He even took the extra step to add red food coloring from my frosting colorants so it would look pretty.
Well..... The Hummingbirds got MAD! They didn't even appreciate it!
They would fly up to my kitchen window and glare at me and would fly back to the feeder, see the water hadn't changed, go check out the orange tree to see if there were any new blooms, fly back to the window, and then take off angry.
They weren't going to try any of that red water anymore. Nether were the other birds who steal sips all day long.

Sooooo......
I changed it. I made fresh new sugar water.
And hung it up.
I also filled my new gnat/fruit fly catcher and set it by my plants.
Now maybe I can do my dishes without feeling like they think I'm trying to kill them!
Happy hummingbirds means life is good.
Trisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment