Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Great Stew

I placed 4 links in here for you.
I found a delicious recipe online!
I did add about 1 Tablespoon Lawry's seasoned salt to it.
 
This recipe would actually be perfect for winter because it runs the crock pot all day, but in the summer I just put it outside. I usually bring it in to make the house smell yummy about 1 hour before serving, except with this recipe you do pre-brown the meat and veggies before placing in the crock pot so the house smells yummy anyways. If you are worried about the large amount of paprika, use 1 Tablespoon. It does taste good in it though and if you like the taste, go for it and put it all in!

This picture is of a cold bowl of the stew ready to be reheated. It looks even more delicious when hot.
I usually make this Roman Bread recipe from Monte's La Case Vieja to go along with stew.
I love this Roman bread. I grew up with it. The only difference with this recipe and the one I grew up with was when my grandma copied it down for my mom she had only 1/2 the yeast written down. So the recipe I remember from my childhood was a little more chewy but very delicious. The original recipe makes a light fluffy bread like the picture I took above. I decided to see how it would turn out with the full amount of yeast and it was good so try it either way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment