Sunday, July 13, 2014

Muck

I felt like I was mucking out a horse stall after a terrible flood with rains yesterday at the new house. (Even though I've never had the pleasure to do so in real life. Ha ha my job just smelled like wet paper not stinky poop!)
My husband rented a scraper machine and started tearing up the paper backing and glue left behind from removing the linoleum. What a mess!
My job was to pour water over the paper to soften it for the scraper, and then collect and pick up the debris. Pew! And whew! We got home about 8:30pm because we have no lighting there and it got dark and got to bed around 10:00. I woke up at 1:12 this morning with a headache and achy rubbery arms. Actually my whole body was stiff and achy, but I took Ibuprofen and it took away the pain! Yay! But, after laying in bed with my eyes closed, I finally gave up on sleep at 3:43 as it wasn't coming. So here I am at 4 in the morning updating everyone on the latest news.
 
I kept forgetting to take a picture of the kitchen and hallway so here it is. The bathroom is behind that wall with the black sewer pipe. Beyond that is the master. To the left of the hallway is the extra bedroom and of course I'm standing between the living room and the kitchen eating area with my back to the garage /laundry area. The front yard is to the left and the back yard is to the right.
This scraping is the most disgusting part of the remodel so far. I can handle anything else, but water and mud and glue are not fun to scrape and clean up! But guess what! We rented that machine for 24 hours, and we didn't finish yesterday, and so guess what? We get to go back and finish today! I guess we must like it! The machine has to be returned before 3pm today.
 
Each job done is another step closer to moving in!

No comments:

Post a Comment