Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Weed Pile

 
I have been slowly adding to this pile. It has quadrupled in size. The renters before had piled some dead branches and other plant material they decided didn't need to be growing in the yard. They didn't touch the oleanders for some reason...
I have successfully cut down all the oleanders in the back yard and 5 of them from the front. I also cut out 2 of the grape vines. There were 3 total and 1 was entirely dead. I accidentally cut the wrong branch on the second and it was the only part still alive, so I just cut it all out, and left the last one. It looks healthy and I hope we'll have grapes at some point in the future!
 
If you are one of those people who absolutely adore oleanders, don't read anymore, but I think they are an ugly obnoxious weed that stinks. So out they all are coming! I asked the neighbor if she wanted to dig up any for her yard and she'll be coming to dig out 3 of them! Yay for her! And yay for me! I don't have to worry about digging up some of them this winter! She has plans to plant them in her backyard. Someone likes them on our street! My yard will look tons better to me though to have them gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment