Thursday, July 3, 2014

Overwhelmed

I have so much I could be doing here but I'm overwhelmed by the excitement of having a new house! It feels like I don't want to do anything at the condo anymore and just be at the new house getting it ready to move in! I don't dare start packing yet, but I definitely am making plans to try use up all our freezer, fridge and pantry foods. I should probably go through all my treasures again and decide all that I really want to move to the new house.

I cannot wait for a yard and feel so happy to finally have a house again! The freedom! I have a yard to cut out the plants I don't like! Unlike here at the condo where I stare at the ugly oleanders and badly shaped trimmed bushes. I have the freedom of making sure my yard has no dog poop all over because no one else will be leaving it! I don't have to worry about making noise inside because the next door neighbors might hear me through the walls and I won't be hearing them.

The guys tearing out the drywall finished yesterday. Today some of them are coming back for the bathroom toilet/sink they pulled out and our front yard chain link fence they want. I still have a few bushes to trim out front and then my yard is ready to wait until winter to dig out the roots.

The weather has been extremely humid here this past week and our monsoons are due on Friday. We'll get to find out at that time if the roof leaks! We know of one spot already that most likely will leak.

Meanwhile, this prickly pear has continued to confuse and amaze me every time I see it! I cannot imagine how it has the energy to make a new paddle so quickly! How do you grow a whole paddle when you most likely don't even have roots yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment