Friday, July 4, 2014

Fourth Of July

Happy 4th Of July!
We had a huge dust storm blow through here last night. It broke a piece of dead branch off a tree right outside our bedroom window but thankfully didn't break anything! The wind blew and blew and I couldn't see very well it was so dusty! Then it rained!!!! It rained enough to put puddles on the ground and then when I woke up this morning, it was all dry and fresh!
 
All fresh and ready for the fourth! AND FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!
 
Last night, I cooked an artichoke for the first time. Who would have thought it'd be so easy? Or that I could make it that good? I just shortened the stem to about 1 inch, rinsed it, then steamed it in about 1 inch of water covered with a lid until it was soft enough to pull a leaf out. Then the best part, I made 2 sauces to dip it in. One had mayo, melted butter and fresh garlic, and the second melted butter, lemon juice and thyme. They were both good in their own ways, even mixed together! Watch out everyone! We got garlic breath!

This video by the YouTube channel shadowofjuniperhill saved my life last night!
Who would have thought you could eat the center? I've had artichokes before but never thought of the center as a food source! I think it's delicious! MMMMMMM! I will be making them more often now!

No comments:

Post a Comment