Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Early to bed, Early to rise...

Makes a lady healthy?, tired, and not wise. (Just slurs in speech, blinking, and stumbling)

I have work early today. I need to be there 6:30 AM because my lead server can hardly walk because of their back sprain.

Ya*wn.. Weird having to get up early...

Especially when you set the alarm twice during the night to stir around drying potatoes... My eyes are tired and the sun is not up...
-I haven't had to get up this early in who knows how long.

Yesterday I dehydrated 15 lbs of potatoes into shredded potatoes, potato chips, and potato cubes all for soups, or whatever. I had to giggle when my husband sampled 2 "chips." It only was 2. I guess they aren't for eating raw that way.

I also found out after I had them dehydrating for a while that they turn blackish unless you cook them all the way through first. I only steamed them 4 minutes. Oh well. I'll have to just serve up black and white potato stew or something.

I soaked the raw shredded potatoes about 7-8 hours. I sample dehydrated a few, and they didn't turn color, so I dehydrated 1/2 cooked, and 1/2 raw. You can totally tell the difference between the 2. While not black, the raw turned grey and pull away from each other while the cooked are white but stick together. So I haven't decided which I like better yet. Guess the true test comes with cooking.

I did fry up some last night I seasoned, and they were very good. Of course they weren't dehydrated yet. And of course they were healthy. (Aren't all fried things?)

So, I'll have more to write tomorrow with pictures of potatoes when I don't have work.
Have an awakeful day!
Trisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment