Friday, April 8, 2011

Excitment

I cleaned the other house's bathroom and I scrubbed and scrubbed it. It took a couple of hours and now it actually looks decent! The realtor is going to take pictures today and I wanted it to sparkle cause the kitchen and bathroom are what sell a home. I know that what is there is not worth anything, but I can at least make it clean and as welcoming as possible!

Both me and my husband were scraping off the old caulking from the moldy tub and floor. I still don't know how they managed to get caulking everywhere! all over the sides of the shower walls, about 1-2 inches smeared along each side of every crack they caulked including around the toilet and baseboards... lots of scraping...

 But the results are well worth the work! Now after it dries, either today or tomarrow, he'll caulk around the tub. thats it. the grout along the walls and toilet are perfectly fine and look brand new. No need for excess anymore and never needed to be done in the first place! :-)

So I'm excited. My house will now be next and I can live life again cause it's almost done!

I am hoping to go there today and trim the bushes and clean out the kitchen sink, mop the laundryroom and do any last minute final details I can find so that when my husband finishes work, he won't have much to do and it will be done faster. maybe he can work on my house on Saturday then RIGHT???

I'll try take pictures and post them when I go there.

Bye!
Trisha

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! That is exciting! Good luck! And your job chart looks promising. I bet it will work for you!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I had a lot of blog posts to read and catch up on! I haven't been able to read any of the blogs I follow because we "borrow" our neighbor's internet and it has been a bad connection all week. But, I LOVE your job chart too! I'm going to make one. I have been frustrated and overwhelmed with my cleaning and I think I need something simpler too. Anyways, migraines are bad and I hope they go away.. That makes for a hard, long week. -Christy

    ReplyDelete