Sunday, April 3, 2011

My weird day

Today I got up about 6:45AM or so. That was weird cause lately I've been able to sleep in at least till 7:30 or 8.

7:20AM I got a call from work that someone didn't show up and they were 20 minutes late. so I decided I had to go in early. I took off my pjs and was getting ready to get dressed when they called back that they showed up. So I put my pjs back on and finished loading the dishwasher. That was weird.

My husband got up early. That was weird.

We decided to go out to eat for breakfast, went to the car, and noticed a fire department crises response car and a police car out front. Our neighbor told us the man across the street died in his sleep during the night. He was really sick. I'm happy he is no longer suffering. That was weird.

So we went out to eat. no waiting at the resturant and we got a seat right away. Every time we have driven by there, there's always been a crowd outside waiting to get in. That was weird.

We ate, and came home just in time to see the mortuary loading Mr. Expired into the back of an unmarked white van. Unmarked???? I guess they don't advertise. That was weird. Who took him?

I then recieved 2 phone calls about 1/2 an hour apart from 2 of my employees saying they each were sick and couldn't come in today. one with a "sore throat who couldn't swallow" but sounded instead like they had just woken up. The other very cheerfully said they had stopped somewhere to eat on the way home last night and it's now not agreeing with them- but was also the same person telling me last minute last week they couldn't work Sunday even though they were already schedualed and were hired to work Sundays. 2 in one day?? Now we were short on the floor today. That was weird. (I think they both were lying).

I went to work 10:30 and I struggled and ran around and sweated and stressed to do all the work the morning people decided not to do and ended up still plating up pies up until the very minute I was to be out in the dining room taking orders. Why didn't the servers have it done? they know what to do! That was weird.

We were short for lunch with me also having to take a section with no foodrunner. We were also very short for dinner.But I had absolutely no trouble getting the other employees to stay and help out for the dinner shift so I could still leave 5:30 to go to a reception for my brother in law and new sister in law who eloped.
I got out on time and everyone was OK when I left and in happy moods. THAT WAS REALLY WEIRD.

I went to the reception and had fun. I got to laugh at my cute little nephew eating (he eats so cute!) and see family and welcome my new sister in law to the family and congratulate my brother in law.

I had a small headache from all the stress caused by work, but it went away at the reception, so I think it was stress related. That was weird it went away and didn't get worse as usual! :-)

My day ended up being good after all. JUST EXTREMELY WEIRD. I hope I never have a day this weird again as long as I live! Everything somehow all worked out in the end! Just made me stress out about it in the process though!

Anyways, Goodnight!
Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment