Thursday, April 21, 2011

one hundred seventy seven dollars!

We brought all the scrap metal I've been piling up even though every day I hear a complaint about how we should just stick it by the side of the road and put an add on craigslist..... from my husband. He finaly helped me load it up and brought me down there.

It was quite the process getting it all weighed and we ended up making $177 on it. nice huh? I asked my husband "why did you put it in your pocket? isn't it mine?" He said "No it's our's." So now even though I had to endure complaints every day about my "junk", I now also have to share it. Oh well. at least I know it was worth something like I always was telling him! :-)

But $177! sheesh! who would have thought! The copper brought in the most of it all. They pay $1 lb and I had $121.60 worth of it! Wow! I'm still amazed!

I've been having to work late at work staying after to finish things so have today, and tomarrow off, will work saturday for lunch, and have Sunday and Monday off. nice huh? I think so. Thats almost 5 days!

I have been cleaning today at my house cause I've not felt like cleaning all week with having to stay later at work all week, so I'm playing catchup and it isn't difficult at all. I just have to mop and dust then wipe down the kitchen and bathrooms.
laundry, sweeping, dishes, picking up and washing out the microwave are already done! and bonus, we got rid of the pile of scrap metal!

anyways, hope your days going as great as mine! that is if your cleaning! If not, hope you finish today feeling as accomplished in whatever your doing as I am!
Trisha

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome you get some time off! I wish I was energetic to get some cleaning done around here but instead I just baked hot cross buns and have been sitting all day. Well hopefully see you tonight at church!

    ReplyDelete