Sunday, April 17, 2011

measurements

I got a delicious recipe from my boss the chef. It's for wild rice chicken casserole and it is delishious, and it serves 45 people. It is in pounds, ounces, pints and quarts. it also has teaspoons, and tablespoons as in 4 fluid ounces, and 3 tablespoons of butter.   ?????!!!?????? What?????!!???

I guess I should have tried harder to learn math in school! I'll have fun cutting the recipe down to serve 2.....

It also says in the directions: "To enhance the food presentation it is our standard that all menu items are finished with a colorful garnish. All garnishes are to be prepared ahead of time and served in accordance with the standardized ...Garnishing Program. Use only garnishes that are edible and durable enough to withstand hot or cold tempuratures..."

What will I do? I am going to skip this step. I hope it won't change the flavor.  :-P

Sheesh! such strict laws they have to follow just to serve some food! But that recipe is so wonderful and the 2 times I've had it I've liked it. So now I can make it at home! after I get a headache trying to figure out the math!

My new mattress is wonderful! I slept pretty well on it and only woke up a few times in the night and woke up on my side! Such wonderful changes! I sleep more and it's apparently comfortable and feels like I'm on clouds when I lay on my back! And I will only have to get used to sleeping in a smaller space! I guess I used to stretch out all over on our cal king bed!

I cut open the old mattress today to see why it failed. I can't tell. but Cruiser loved it! He snorted and groaned and rolled all over that thing and sniffed it like it was the most facinating thing to smell! He was so funny!

I am going to get ready for bed now. these late nights are getting to me and I'll become a night owl again and the bags under my eyes will never go away! I always wake up with the sun so I gotta race it to bed so I can get close to 8 hours!

Goodnight!
Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment